From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of JUSTIN SHREAVES
Sent: Saturday, June 24, 2006 7:46 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] Tire Pressure

My average temp on my 99 GSXR 750 on Dunlop DOT's for the rear is 128-131
center, 139-144 sides (not sidewall), and about 2-3 degrees less for the
front. This is running 28.5 rear and 30 front psi cold. Then tires are
warmed to 175. This of course is on a tight track (NHIS) and get ~3 minutes
from off the track to the stands, where temps then pressures are taken. I
would say in 3 minutes you can easily lose 5-10 degrees. Just to let you
know :) I've never checked on the street though. Maybe when this damn rain
stops I will have to research.

  Justin

Sprint ST <sprint_st@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Jim,
I'm going to get an IR thermometer in the near future and will be testing
this stuff on the street. Since I don't ride on a track, what track guys do
is interesting but is not necessarily what applies to me. A guy on the
triumprat list did do the temp stuff on a Z6. He wound up reducing pressure
because the center was much hotter than the edges. He has 6k miles on his
current Z6 and still has tread to go. I'm at the chords at 4.8k which at
$140 per tire really interests me. (withoug actually riding with the guy, it
sounds like we are similar riders, definitely not commuters)
Rod