Re: [ST] Recall on ST '01 and '02 rear wheel bearings

LOL - I definitely put my cahones on the floor with that nut, too.  If you recall, that was the thread where I was measuring the torque applied and the F'er still wouldn't budge.  Ended needing PB Blaster and a friend to free the darned nut.  Glad you got it off.

Matt Heyer

----- Original Message ----
From: Sprint ST <sprint_st@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, June 26, 2006 9:11:01 PM
Subject: Re: [ST] Recall on ST '01 and '02 rear wheel bearings

Well, the bike decided I needed a new one.  I had the bike in gear, my son
was standing on the brake and I was using about a 30 inch breaker bar and I
about put my cahones on the floor but it just wouldn't move.  I cut the nut
in half and one half popped off while the other had to be peeled off.  The
nut and shaft are probably dissimilar enough to do some electrochemical
welding.

The bearings were in great shape but the splines on the drive side looked
like some dirt was creeping in.  Nothing major but I'm sure the new coat of
grease was welcomed.
Thanks for the input,
Rod