Re: [ST] Recall on ST '01 and '02 rear wheel bearings

No problem at all as far as you don't damage it. Use a flat screw driver(not too big). Could be good not to mark it twice exactly on the same spot. For me it worked well and I did it one year ago (I drive all the year long).

I did that also on other vehicles including an RV.

Fred ST 02 BRG.

Matt,
Since my 02 ST is sitting in the garage wheels off waiting for new tires to arrive, I thought I just might grease the rear wheel bearing.  I don't see any obvious reason >>why you couldn't just re-stake the axle nut, but since you mentioned it, do you know of any harzards in doing so.  I'm not that cheap but I'm sure I'm going to have to >>order one and that could take forever.
Thanks,
Rod