[ST] Pashnit (was New to list - Intro)

Brett,

Glad you enjoyed the site.

As far as I understand the story, the site was started by a guy who was a
mortgage loan broker, who started riding these roads and posting his
pictures and words.  As you can imagine, the site took off.  He kept
spending more and more $$$ to keep up with the demand.  Finally it became
too expensive for him to maintain and he started charging a $20 annual fee.
I think he now can make a living from doing this and doesn't have to be a
mortgage loan broker any more.  Is this a way to make a living or what?

I just signed up for the first time.  Even if I don't use it that often, $20
won't kill me.  And a site as useful as this one deserves my support to keep
on doin' what it's doin'.

If you look at the spelling of the site, you, like me, would be pronouncing
it as a 2-syllable word "pash-nit".  But take another look and you see what
he's really saying "pash-n-it", as in "passionate".

BTW - I've been on everyone of those roads.  Pure "motorcycle heaven".

About a month ago, we got Zoltan's "cherry".  He'd never been on either the
33 (which is my all-time personal favorite) or Cerro Noroeste.  When summer
is here and the days get longer, I'll get is a** out to the 58 and 229.
>From where we live, stringing these roads together into a single loop
results in a jam-packed and fun-filled, but veeery long, day.

I've got a couple more in mind for him when it gets warmer.  However, I had
to log-in to get to them, so I'm not sure that you'll be able to see them.
But at least, it's worth a try.

http://www.pashnit.com/roads/cal/TepusquetRd.htm

http://www.pashnit.com/roads/cal/Breckenridge.htm

http://www.pashnit.com/roads/cal/Caliente-BodfishRd.htm