Re: [ST] Heads Up UK People (Big Brother has his hand on your foot)

To be fair, they're also looking into doing it for cars etc.  Yes, it stinks.

I read a report from one of the research departments a few months ago and they reckoned that once they had 76% of cars fitted with such devices, the remaining 24% would be unable to exceed limits due to the blocking effect of the 76%.

Fortunately from time to time (well once anyway) we hear of experiments with removing signs and speed limits as well.  Drivers feel so vulnerable that they drive safely of their own accord.  Well, for a while anyway.

I'm all for indicating limits on a dashboard and they can be GPS-based, and take account of school hours etc,  but DON'T FIDDLE WITH THE ENGINE WHEN I'M DRIVING!  and especially riding!

Chris Harwood
00 RS

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/17march06_speed.htm