[ST] Mail Order Tires

FYI - I was able to find a really great price on the Metzeler Sportec M-1's.  After looking at everyone's suggestions and some internet searching of my own, I found that Tires Unlimited was selling the 120/70-17 for $69.32 and the 180/55-17 for $119.31, and only charged $15.30 for shipping to my door (just outside Washington, DC).  That's pretty amazing.  Only a few other places were close in price (most were much more costly), and I was ultimately able to get a local dealer to match the price.  That gave me a cheaper mounting cost as I purchased the tires from them, but I had to pay tax - pretty much a wash but I'm supporting the local guy and I don't have to wait for the tires or haul them over there.  I may end up purchasing another set though as that just seems really cheap for that kind of tire.  Who knows, maybe the M-3 will be that much better....

Matt Heyer