[ST] Jump starting

Is it permissible to jump start an ST from a car battery?

I may be forced into this in the morning (combination of short trips,
auto-arming alarm/immobiliser, unseasonably cold weather, use of heated grips
on full and overuse of my newly-fitted spotlights!) as I had to bump start
the bike tonight to get home.

Kept the revs up as best I could on the way home so hopefully it'll be ok.

The handbook is not surprisingly silent on this topic

Just wish I could turn the damn headlights off before turning on the
ignition...

Cheers

Eoin

'04 ST955i