Re: [ST] Mail Order Tires

I concur - excellent deal on the Pirelli's!  And I would have gone for it, but I'm looking for a softer tire (too bad they are not offering it on the regular diablo or diablo corsa).  I was riding hard the Sunday prior to last and was pushing the front end with the Avon Azarro 45/46's (a little rear-end pucker, but growing up on dirt bikes it takes a lot to phase me).  So sport-touring tires are not cutting it.  They do for most of the time, but when I get a great road like I was on then (Route 211 over the mountain in Lurray, VA for those who may be interested - two lanes up the mountain with great long but tight bends) the tire wasn't cutting it.  I'd rather pay for the safety than the extra mileage - and at the price currently of the Sportec M-1's, I can afford it even more.  :)

Matt Heyer

----- Original Message ----
From: Kevin Byram <blubyu352@xxxxxxxxx>
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Matthew Heyer <matthewheyer@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2006 8:20:15 PM
Subject: Re: [ST] Mail Order Tires

 Good deal Matt,
I just got a rear Pirelli Diablo Strada for $139 delivered from Motorcycle Superstore. Pirelli is running a promotion where if you buy the rear, they will give you the front tire free (you pay $25 for shipping. You have to complete the online form and mail in a copy of your receipt for the rear. See the Pirelli site for details.
Kevin Byram
Cleveland, OH USA

Matthew Heyer <matthewheyer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
FYI - I was able to find a really great price on the Metzeler Sportec M-1's. After looking at everyone's suggestions and some internet searching of my own, I found that Tires Unlimited was selling the 120/70-17 for $69.32 and the 180/55-17 for $119.31, and only charged $15.30 for shipping to my door (just outside Washington, DC). That's pretty amazing. Only a few other places were close in price (most were much more costly), and I was ultimately able to get a local dealer to match the price. That gave me a cheaper mounting cost as I purchased the tires from them, but I had to pay tax - pretty much a wash but I'm supporting the local guy and I don't have to wait for the tires or haul them over there. I may end up purchasing another set though as that just seems really cheap for that kind of tire. Who knows, maybe the M-3 will be that much better....

Matt Heyer

Yahoo! Mail