[ST] Aging bikers

I did  a three day ride Friday, Saturday, Sunday over about 1100kms and five great mountain passes, including the eight bells pass (sometimes called the Robinson pass) and the Outeniqua pass which IMHO are awesome.

The Robinson pass has massive sweeping corners (170-180kph) in the build up running into tight 3rd gear twisty's with scary drop offs.

The stretch between Calitzdorp and Oudtshoorn has no traffic cops, is flat, good surface and an excuse to really stretch the legs on a bike.

All in all best fun I've had on a bike, ever, period!

Day two included a few hours at the Buff rally in Mossel Bay, to watch the mass ride of about 6 to 8 000 bikes, and here's the point of this posting: some observations-

1. 90% of the riders were both male and over 30/40 -where are all the younger riders/ females?
2. I saw exactly five Triumphs  -one Daytona 955, a ST955, two Tigers and an ST1050. Where were all the Trumpets I see tootling around here?
3. There were a lot of bike trailers - disgusting to trail your bike to a Rally!
4. I've got to get a sport bike rack!

cheers

Marc
Daytona 955
Cape Town, RSA
This email forms part of an electronic communication sent to
the intended recipient or such person's authorised representative,
for the recipient's sole use and is subject to important legal
and regulatory restrictions, qualifications and disclaimers
("Email Legal Notice") that must be accessed by clicking here
<http://www.foschini.co.za/disclaimer.htm>
Or copy this address onto your Internet browser and process there.
The Email Legal Notice is enforceable and binding on the recipient
(or such person's authorised representative) in terms of section 11
(1) to 11 (3) of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act
No. 25 of 2002. By receiving, reading or acting upon this email,
you automatically be bound by the terms of the Email Legal Notice.