Re: [ST] Exhaust can fit

  My '01 ST came with a dinged up can. The seller gave me a new stainless steel can with the bike, but I noticed it has slightly different end where it connects to the mid pipe. The mount bracket is a welded on piece vs. the bolted on bracket on the original can. The new can fits a little looser around the mid pipe after tightening the clamp and I feel a small amount of exhaust leak where it joins together.
  1. Is the new pipe from a later model Sprint?
  2. Could this be an off-road can? It appears to be lighter than the original.
  3. Should I make an effort to seal up the joint to make sure there's absolutely no gas escaping - again it seems like a very small amount is getting through.

  Thanks for the advice.