From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bil Swartz
Sent: Monday, March 27, 2006 9:40 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] Bike to Bike Communication

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006, Jeremy Witt wrote:

> The biggest issue I've had is finding a speaker/mic system that is
> comfortable.  Admittedly, I've taken the cheap way out and haven't
> really tried the more expensive options.  What have folks used with
> FRS radios that is comfortable and unobtrusive, if anything?

The past 2 seasons we've been using RF Limited/Motocomm headsets, one with

a Cobra 955vp FRS/GMRS radio, one with RF Limited's own little "Sidekick"
radio.  The speakers are thin and usually fit well into the ear pockets on

most helmets tried (Arai, Scorpion) with no problem.  The mics are not
noise cancelling (what do you want from a $50 headset!) but work well
until highway speeds when wind noise and lack of amplification to the ear
become a problem (we do wear earplugs).

I too am watching this thread to help decide between Autocom and Starcom.
New Autocom units sure look nice.

--

                                ._O_.  '03 Sprint ST
            -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 Thunderbird Sport       /~\