Re: [ST] Bike to Bike Communication

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 09:33:44 -0500, Jeremy Witt said that ...

Then on Mon, 27 Mar 2006 09:46:07 -0500, Kevin.Dicks@xxxxxxx said that ...

>K- I use the boom mike and speakers from Autocom.  I like the fact they just
>K- sit in my helmet and I don't have to keep plugging things into my ears all
>K- the time but I may try that in the future.  Not cheap thought but they
>K- seem to work pretty good.

>K- BTW, I use ear plugs and they seem to help a lot with the music - I can
>K- actually hear it better as it cuts out the hiss and wind noise to a large
>K- degree allowing the music to be heard better.

Autocom is expensive but the kit is good.  The new Pro AVi also
incorporates a background sensor mic that you embed in the neck lining of
your helmet.  So now you not only get noise reduction but as the volume of
wind noise increases inside your helmet so the speaker volume increases to
both rider and passenger to combat this.

The AVi also features a music fader so your passenger can be listening to
the Ride of the Valkyries whilst you travel in peace and quiet.

I have the AVi with an ICOM PMR (same as FRS) and the Autocom PTT switch.
This can be switched to allow PTT, VOX or constant On.  I tend to use it
in PTT But as with all VOX operated systems you have to start every
sentence with "OK" to prompt the radio to go into TX mode.

You can plug in just about every audio accessory know to man into the AVi
if you so desire (Detector, GPS, phone, MP3 player).  You can also record
out to the soundtrack of your video recorder from the passenger lead if
the mood takes you.

--
Mike Bostock
mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx