Re: [ST] Fast Lane or - EZ Pass transponder mounting

In a previous email, Joel Ashman wrote:

> I always just stuffed mine (Smarttag in VA) down into the vent slot for the
> windshield.  It stays well, but can scuff the inside of the shield.  With
> the touring screen, it fits well, but is a little loose.
>
> I like the Capt's shoulder trick, but another option is to mount it to the
> top of your helmet!
>
> Seriously, I saw a guy with one on his helmet.  It was very funny!
>
> --Joel
>
> PS, I've been pulled by the cops for my transponder not working while on a
> bike.  Officially, bike mounted Smarttags are not supported.  Cop simplty
> called in my number and had the toll deducted.  No ticket or hassle.

I've heard of people that have mounted theirs inside the fairing. Mine
is attached to the screen with a modification to the tag and longer
strips of dual-lock* so that they firmly engage. It also has a leash in
case it should ever decide to commit suicide.

If I get a chance today. I'll take some pix of my set-up, put them up
somewhere and send links to the list.

*That uni-sex plastic velcro made by 3M

--
Steve Lawler
Verona, NJ, USA

2001 Sprint ST "Blue Devil"

"I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state
I finally won out over it."
             -- Jimmy Stewart, in "Harvey", 1950