[ST] Sport tourer comparo...

Hello all,
 I wanted to chime in...naturally :-)
  Having owned a '02 VFR, '99 Sprint, and my current ride an '05 Sprint,
I think I can also add some insight. The VFR let me down. The main
reason for this was the Vtec tomfoolery. It just turned out to be a
whole lot of nothing and became annoying on long journeys. Two up it
would feel like it was running out of breath. However, that being said,
the fit and finish was absolutely top notch, the suspension some of the
most sophisticated I have ever felt, and the handling also was
excellent. It is definitely, in it's current configuration, a bike that
would be transformed with a bigger displacement V-four engine, and
significant weight loss.
  This shouldn't be a write off of the VFR range, as I still would like
to own a '99 or '00, when the still had the gear driven cams and the
lighter weight.
  The '99 Sprint was definitely better. It is very confidence inspiring,
and has great lunge of the line, as well as great sounds :-)))
 But I won't bore you with it's details since most of you own one.
  Onto the '05, which of course, I like alot. This is the VFR with a
real motor. Yes, it has heat output, but nothing greater than my '99.
It feels way lighter on it's feet than the older Sprint, and the engine
is absolutely astonishing whether at walking pace or at full tilt. The
fit and finish is absolutely at Triumph's best level yet. I do miss the
diesel like character of the old engine, but the factory race can takes
care of that for me. On engine braking with a closed throttle it spits
and pops like an open class gt bike!! Insane..Anyone on this list from
the NYC area is definitely welcome to try it out so they can judge for
themselves, obviously with great care :-)
  Now for the nits - why would you not fit an oil sight glass on a sport
tourer with a center stand and why are there no hazard flashers!?!

 Cheers,
 Filippo
 2005 Triumph Sprint ST (WRAITH)
 1969 Ducati 450 SCR (project)