Re: [ST] Tire pressure.

I can't remember what the manual says, but there is no mention (and never is for any vehicle) on the brand or model of tire when referencing the recommended pressure.  I have also noticed that most tires of the same size and similar niche tend to have the same maximums listed on the side wall.  But I'm sure that certain tires feel better/worse at certain pressures due to contruction differences though.  I due tend to run the pressures rather low for max grip.  Also, I have ridden with people who think that the wallowing/mushyness/etc is from the tire, when there suspension is really what is moving around.  So I think the suspension can make a difference in how different tire pressures feel in the handling of the bike.  I have to upgrade the rear shock yet...it's crap...

Matt Heyer

----- Original Message ----
From: "Masiak, Richard" <Richard_Masiak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Matthew Heyer <matthewheyer@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, May 4, 2006 8:30:11 AM
Subject: RE: [ST] Tire pressure.

WOW.  That seems low?  What's your manual say?

My RS says Rear 42, and Front 37.  I typically run rear 39-40 and front 35.  If I go lower than 35 in the front, it feels real mushy.  Could it be tire dependent or maybe crappy front suspension or maybe a combo of both?

You said your front suspension has been upgraded, where mine is still stock.  Also I run pilot roads and you're runing a different brand.  Just curious why you can run the front so low.