[ST] My Tale of Shame

Hello all,

So, I've not read a single ST list post for several months...got too busy and got behind.

Unfortunately my reason for re-joining the conversation isn't the happiest one...I dropped my '00 RS.  Blast!
I was slipping past a line of stopped traffic in order to take a right turn when I hit the unfortunate bit of gravel and, zoom, down I went.  I was only going a couple of miles an hour at the time and I'm perfectly fine save for a small boo-boo on my knee.

The bike seems close to fine...there are the typical symptoms of bent clutch lever, broken shift pedal, scratched barend, and scraped fairing.  It runs fine, except for some initial clouds of oil smoke that cleared up...from what I recall hearing, oil can somehow flow into the airbox when the bike is laying prone, and I presume that's the cause here (the bike was on its left side for all of 30 seconds).

It's also dripping a small amout of oil from around the area of the rear shock, but I'm pretty sure it's just coming from the crankcase breather tube and is about played out.

I was able to limp the 2 miles home in 1st gear (broken shift lever, remember) and everything felt fine.

My point here, aside from confessing my dark secret to the group: Is there anything in particular I shoud check?  Should I get into the airbox and clean things out?  What problem would I rather discover in the garage than at 80 mph?  How can I possibly use this incident to rationalize buying a new Speed Triple?

With shame in my heart and a tear in my eye,
-Aron