[ST] for Aron - tail of shame

        Sorry about your tip over, Aron; they always scuff-up your
wallet pretty good.

 >>> It runs fine, except for some initial clouds of oil smoke that
cleared up...from what I recall hearing, oil can somehow flow into the
airbox when the bike is laying prone <<<

    Left side drops are famous for that, the right side ones don't seem
to result in so much oil getting into the airbox.  If you get enough to
hydro-lock a cylinder - as Rick pointed out - you'll find out as soon as
you start it up because it'll only turn a few RPM before the big bang.
As long as it runs, the worst you can have is fouled plug  and maybe get
some carbon build up but if it smoked for only a short while  i think
you're home free.
Mine (the '00 RS) laid on it's left side with the wheels uphill for a
couple minutes before I could get it up and it smoked - copiously - for
a couple hundred miles or more before it burned it all off but after
that it was as good as new.  I wouldn't worry much about it.
I replaced my broken clutch lever with a dog-legged one from a GSXR750
which is much more finger-friendly to use;... I attached the clutch
killswitch leads to an anti-theft toggle switch hidden behind the
fairing for a little extra piece of mind when traveling.
Since it stopped raining, I've been on a couple rides with the moto
meccanica rat pack but don't think I've met you, are you a participant?
Rides are the 3rd Saturdays.

                        Cheers;          dowgydoodoo         - - - -
o&\o        (Healdsburg)