Re: [ST] I've Lost That Rubbin Feeling...

In doing a web search on glazing of pads and rotors, several sites mentioned aerosol brake cleaners as being a source of glazing.  I have always had rock hard brakes after the piston exercise BUT I never put anything on the pad itself.  I shot the crap out of the piston and caliper around the pad but again never on the pad.  Another thing I ran across was using a 3M abrasive pad on the rotor to take off glaze.  I'm talking about the kind that look like some kind of knurly plastic, not like an emory wheel.