Re: [ST] Poxy email technology; was Fw: '05 wouldn't start

Yeah - I have noticed that a number of emails come through with both the list and the person sending - anyone from the technical side of this list know why this is happening quite frequently recently?  On those emails, sometimes when I hit reply it goes to the person instead of back to the list.  I would think that we would want to go back to where we were a while ago where only the list appears as one hits reply.  I'm not sure what is different recently with our email list that this occurs - hopefully someone from the tech side involved with the new list can input.

Matt Heyer

----- Original Message ----
From: Chris Harwood <Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2006 6:51:28 PM
Subject: Re: [ST] Poxy email technology; was Fw: '05 wouldn't start

Matt

When we reply, most email clients use the Reply-To address.

Just looking at the next two emails that I got from the triumphNet
server, one had just the ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx but the other had that plus
the sender's personal address in the ReplyTo field, separated by
commas.

My client interprets those as just requiring reply to
ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; I have to request reply to Sender And
Recipients to send to both.

I guess it depends on the email client that people are using added to
the fact that the mail server is putting out too much info in that field
for some contributors.

Chris Harwood
00 RS

>>> matthewheyer@xxxxxxxxx 11/05/2006 22:49:52 >>>
OK - these replies going to the individuals rather than the list is a
little annoying (and Richard's is not a Yahoo address...)

<<<<<<<