From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Masiak, Richard
Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2006 8:40 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] Melbourne Daytona

Saw a youngster on a Red Triumph Daytona yesterday evening in Melbourne
(Florida that is).  I presume it was a 955 and not the new 675.  The
brute acceleration seemed indicative of a liter bike and not a 600. (and
I thought my 2000 RS was fast)

After 5 years of my RS, and my experience last night, I have come to the
conclusion I've out grown her and need something more.  A fun project
would be to put a 955i Daytona engine into my RS, or even more labor
intensive would be to rebuild the inards of my triple to bring it up to
the performance.  Or I could just buy a brand new bike :-)

Whatever the path, it's time for more.