From: sprint_st@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2006 9:21:48 AM
Subject: Re: [ST] Melbourne Daytona

Richard,
Having lived in FL for quite a while I do believe that there is something to consider: "usable power."   I know there isn't a hairpin turn in the entire state.  I believe what you are comparing is "brute power" and I'm not sure any Triumph can compete.  As Garry alluded to the 675 is a great bike, but it will pale compared to the other bikes he mentioned when it comes to straight line blasting.  Now, it you run it on a track or truck on up to N.GA, TN, NC, etc that straight line blaster will start be a lot of work while the 675 is pure fun.  Maybe, just maybe you just have a case of neednewbikeitus.
Rod