Re: [ST] fork seals

The fork seals for the ST are the same as Honda Blackbirds, 929's, Bandit 1200 and several other Honda and Suzuki bikes.  Honda fork seals enjoy a very good reputation for long life and performance.  Do yourself a favor and don't get Leak-Proof seals, they leak.

I would recommend getting a set of fork bushings while you have the forks apart.  Super easy to replace and RT sells good ones fairly cheap.  I think it took me four or five hours to do the complete RT job, but I wasn't in a hurry at all and I spent way too much time getting burrs off the damper rod holes I drilled.  If you had a friend to assist, you could do the whole thing complete with setting the sag in two to three hours.  If you do try it yourself, measure two or three times and drill once because you can put the holes in wrong.  Same goes for spacers on the springs.

There is a place in NC that sells RT stuff at a discount.