Re: [ST] 19mm hex head socket

I bough on of the Motion Pro 08-0355's, which is a 17, 19, 22, and 24 mm hex in one. Go to http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/tools/product/t-6_hex_axle_tool/ to check it out. I haven't had a problem with it, and I use it for nearly any bike I work on, that had a hex axle. It's aluminum, but it hasn't crushed down at all so far. Usually, I throw on a box wrench instead of a ratchet. You can order this at any motorcycle shop. It's between $35-$40.

  Justin

Sprint ST <sprint_st@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Rick,
A lot depends on just how tight the axle is. I tried the jammed nut method,
using a thing called a connector bolt that you can get at Home Depot or
Lowes, and a couple of other field expediency tools but they weren't strong
enough. The nuts just broke off and the connector bolt just twisted. I
found a 19mm allen wrench in one of those discount took places that sells
all that "made in China" stuff. Harbor Freight may have one.
Rod