Re: [ST] Chain Question

Is that really a good idea though (520 chain on a CBR1000RR)?  Just because people do it, doesn't mean it is safe/smart/best/etc.  Just a thought.

Matt Heyer

----- Original Message ----
From: "Masiak, Richard" <Richard_Masiak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2006 11:57:28 AM
Subject: [ST] Chain Question

I was wondering.  If the CBR1000RR people can put a 520 chain conversion on their bikes, why couldn't I replace my 530 chain with a 520 chain.

Bikes like the CBR1000RR and the like put out way more HP than my dinky RS, so I don't think strength is a factor for me.

So why wouldn't I want to put a 520 chain on my RS?  It's lighter and less expensive.  Any thoughts?

Rich