Re: [ST] Several questions

> Now, the fuel thing.  It's been happening for a while.  Maybe I do
have a hot spot due to carbon build-up.  Who knows?  I've had the bike
for 2 months and I'm still learning it.  I'd hate to tear it apart
right now.  And it should work fine on 89, so what should I do?  It's
due for a 24K mile inspection here; they get into the engine for that,
right?  Would they check at that point, or would it be another job
altogether? <

David,
This isn't like in the 1920's where engines were routinely
disassembled for "decoking".  In fact it's hard to imagine a scenario
where a tear-down would be needed on an engine which runs well
otherwise.

Tell us know more about when the pinging occurs.  What RPM and
throttle openings are we talking about here?

Is it possible that your expectations about the engine's operating
range need "adjusting"?

--
Rick in Oregon
'01 Sprint ST