Re: [ST] Several questions - tire size

In a message dated 5/29/2006 1:03:16 P.M.  Eastern Standard Time,
matthewheyer@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Yikes!  From my  knowledge, a 170 on the rear of ST's would not work well.
Too small for a  6" rim.  The RS's have 5.5" rims, so they might be able to.
If I  recall correctly from what the tire manufacturers say about their tires,
170 and  180 can go on a 5.5" rim, and 180, 190 and 200 can go on a 6" rim.
All of  the Triumphs with the single-sided swing arm use the same 6" rim (Speed
Triple,  ST, Daytona), and I believe the Speed Triple comes with a 190 rear -
for the  "meaner" look.

Matt Heyer

I put a 180 Metzler on the rear of  my '01 Speed Triple when the rear 190
wore out. I like it much better. Easier  turn-in and holds a line better.

Doug in Naples