Re: [ST] OZ RIDE 3250 KLM

G'day folks.

Just returned from a ride with some mates who were heading
off around Australia - about 14000 klm (about 8500 miles)
Start in Sydney, head to Darwin, then Broome, then Perth
then back to Sydney.

I did not have the time (or inclination) as it is a very,
very long straight route with very few bends.

We did the first 2 days and then headed back towards the
coast. Met with some other mates and then headed back down
the coast to Port Macquire. So far this will mean zip to
non OZ listers.  Anyway, the point being that from Port
Mac, via the Oxley Hiway, Thunderbolts Way and then the
Putty Road is (not just my opinion)some of the best bike
roads in this country. Tight bends, long sweeping bends,
some straights all done at rocket speed, with no cops..

Our round trip was 3,250 klm in 5 days.

My Red 02 ST with Genbar risers and Throttlemeister worked
to perfection - comfortable, very fast and very exciting. I
have not scraped the hero bolts ever as mush as on the last
part of this trip.

Top speed was 255 klm per hr with 18/43 set up. We cruised
at over 200 klm for a good part of the way on the first few
days as the roads are deserted, except for plenty of
roadkill and a few road trains ( B double, double trucks )

I road a few of the other bikes ( BMW 1200s, Suzuki GSXR
1000, Ducati ST2, Yamaha R1 ) but none did it for me like
my Trumpy. Some were certainly faster, but none was as
comfortable, nor did any get near my fuel economy.

Yeeeee ha for the ST - reaffirms why many people still
believe they are the BEST sports touring package.

cheers / Harry..