[ST] sunday ride report

 Hi All,

I had a decent track day on Sunday. It was still too wet at 10.00, Mike
Cameron binned his ST1050 on the back straight testing it out, bike looked
very banged up, but he wasn't seriously hurt.

He was nuts, spinning the back up at 200 plus in the wet down the back
straight, then losing the front end and going down. For someone with as much
race experience as he has it was odd behaviour.

I had a great day once it dried out - ran well within my limits but somehow
was going much quicker that the previous time. The bike is running very
sweet at the moment.

I'm not sure why I was going faster, the tires looked like I hardly pushed
them at all, and I really didn't feel like I was trying. I had the back move
around a bit once or twice on gearing down, and once I had a slight slip on
the front at the end of the straight on a damp patch, just enough to wake me
up.

I managed to blow away a new GSXR down the back straight, as well as a ZX10
and a new R1.

Did all three the same way, caught up to them through turns two & three,
then put the power on earlier than them going through the last turn onto the
back straight, got my Daytona on the boil and held off the braking a split
second longer.

It really miffs them off when they have a big power/ weight advantage and
you still get away from them.

Two laps later someone else on the GSXR completely annihilated me - that
thing accelerates like a missile in the right hands. I also got flattened by
a VFR400 ridden by a 14/15 year old maniac.

I had tons of fun, no scary moments, and a couple of people wanted to know
how much power the Daytona makes and why they were struggling to hang on to
me.

Triple's rule!

 cheers

Marc