Re: [ST] Ohlins Rear Shock

Quoting Matthew Heyer <matthewheyer@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Now that my ST is doing track duty as well, and the short comings of the
> stock rear shock are more prononced, I got a quote on an Ohlins fully
> adjustable rear shock.  Now I plan to do a dedicated track bike for next
> season (laying out $1000 for the tow stuff on my MDX, and another $1500 for
> trailer, new track worthy boots, 1-piece leathers, track time costs, etc...
> has put the bike off to next season).  So, I can't justify the cost for
> upgrading for the track, when the ST won't be on the track for more than a
> season.  But if the shock improved ride quality even for cruising/touring,
> then maybe.....
>
> Anyone able to push me?  Seriously, anyone with any experience with putting
> the Ohlins shock on.  I don't want to make the suspension too rigid for
> normal touring duty for one year of track riding with it.

The Ohlins shock I have on the ST is quite soft. If your ST has covered some
miles it might be cheaper to buy a standard shock off a low mileage late
model, If you can find one. I was not that impressed with the Ohlins. It's
good but not that much better than a standard one on good condition.

--
SimonB