Re: [ST] Ohlins Rear Shock

What you can do is pick up two springs for the shock. A spring swap isn't too bad to do, just a little more the removing and re installing the shock. In doing so, you can get a heavier spring for the track, and a lighter one for touring. You will love the shock on the street with the right spring. So it would  be a great upgrade for both street and track use.

  Justin

Matthew Heyer <matthewheyer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Now that my ST is doing track duty as well, and the short comings of the stock rear shock are more prononced, I got a quote on an Ohlins fully adjustable rear shock. Now I plan to do a dedicated track bike for next season (laying out $1000 for the tow stuff on my MDX, and another $1500 for trailer, new track worthy boots, 1-piece leathers, track time costs, etc... has put the bike off to next season). So, I can't justify the cost for upgrading for the track, when the ST won't be on the track for more than a season. But if the shock improved ride quality even for cruising/touring, then maybe.....

Anyone able to push me? Seriously, anyone with any experience with putting the Ohlins shock on. I don't want to make the suspension too rigid for normal touring duty for one year of track riding with it.

Matt Heyer