Re: [ST] Ohlins Rear Shock

Thanks for the info.  To note, I already have the race-teched front end.  I think it contributes to the rear shock feeling so damned soft by comparison...

Matt Heyer

----- Original Message ----
From: Steven Kohlscheen <trumpst@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2006 4:40:48 PM
Subject: Re: [ST] Ohlins Rear Shock

I bought one as replacement for the OEM one on my '02 Sprint ST about 20k
miles ago.  Between the 99 and the 02 I've gone through 3 OEM shocks in 81k
miles.  I can suggest that it would be cheaper in the long run to have an
easily rebuildable shock like the Ohlins than the sealed unit OEM that costs
$500+ dollars to replace(or buy questionable OEM units 2nd hand).  Rebuilds
are much cheaper, and then it can be taylored to your needs.  Now, I don't
think the Ohlins has transformed the bike. For me the Race Teching of the
front does that.  But the new rear does feel slightly more controlled.  And
for touring the remote preload adjustment is pretty nice.

Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen
2002 Triumph Sprint ST
2001 Yamaha YZ426F