Re: [ST] Chain Options and Stalling

You can get some gunk in your airbox from the crankcase blowback.  That's the same breather that lets the oil into the airbox and then down to the top of the cylinders if the bike is left on its side.

Matt Heyer

----- Original Message ----
From: Jeremy Witt <Jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Masiak, Richard" <Richard_Masiak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2006 12:07:25 PM
Subject: Re: [ST] Chain Options and Stalling

Good question.

Jeremy Witt
Newbury Partners
(o) 603-893-3022
(c) 603-475-4228

-----Original Message-----
From: Masiak, Richard [mailto:Richard_Masiak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2006 12:04 PM
To: Jeremy Witt

Anything that evaporates I guess.  I brought it to work to ask some
advice from an SCCA guy and used some MEK.  I don't see why 90%
isopropyl or carb cleaner wouldn't work either.  You want to keep it
clean and dry so more gunk doesn't attach back after it's been clean.

I wonder why black gunk got there to begin with.  It's in the airbox and
my filter is clean.  Does anyone think back pressure while idling would
force some air/fuel mixture backwards?

Rich