[ST] Need some help with electrical connectors

Hi,
I am taking advantage of the chilly weather to do some maintenance. I am replacing the air filter on my '01 ST. Next checking valve clearances. Have the tank, fairings, seat removed, etc, but I can't figure out how to remove the multi-plug connector from the air box. I messed aroung with it but I am stumped and I don't want to break it. Can someone tell me the proper way to remove these multiplug electrical connectors?
Thanks!