Re: [ST] Punkin Chunkin

Nice, Joel. I too have a friend in the DC are with a team (however, their name escapes me. Although it might be a Little Feat referrence...). Great stuff.

  Ok, Brett, this is classic Am-er-i-can Redneck fun. Overall objective: "How far can you shoot or toss a pumpkin?" I would believe that this began with copious amount of alcohol, preferably cheap and in a can. My understanding is there are several general classes: Catapult, Trebuche, Compressed air, and Human Power. Oh and some classes for the kiddies too. It has made it to Discovery TV in the States, but perhaps that isnt saying much considering the proliferation of "biker-build-em's" on the same channel.

  Todd

Joel Ashman <ashmite@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  All,

I met a guy in DC area this weekend who heads up a cycling group down
there. The group name is: Underground Terrorist Motorcycle Cult and their
site is: http://www.blackletter.org/. Jaeger is a Triumph rider (bonnie, I
think).

Anyways, their group is going to the World Champion Punkin Chunkin
competition in Delaware the weekend of Nov 4th. He asked if I wanted to go
and I'm somewhat interested. I thought I might pass the info on in case any
one here would might be interested in seeing Pumkin's get tossed to
distances of up to a mile.

Not sure yet if I'll go, but I am interested.

--Joel