[ST] Avon Storm-ST (AV55/56) vs RoadPilot vs ??? [was Disbarred]

On 27 Oct 2006, at 19:08, dkamest110@xxxxxxx wrote:

>  Geeeeee sure is quiet. I haven't disbarred from the list have I??
> Doesn't anybody have any oil brand-type-weight  or  tire brand-size-
> compound-color questions ????

Well... now that you mention it... :)

I have to replace the icky BT57s on my (wonderful) ST03.  Was going
to do A45/46 as per previous two tyre changes on old ST (no
conversation, no debate, just do it before you start a tyre
thread...), but a combination of new products and strange suggestions
have seen me loose confidence.  I need the collective wisdom of this
list to get my brain sorted.

First up someone here in the UK said they've got much better riding
from a combination of the AV49 and the AV45 - the AV49 is the Azaro
'Pro-Xtreme Rain' :  a wet weather track day tyre it seems.

Then (on browsing Avon's web site to find out what an AZ49 was) I see
that they have released a new tyre - the Storm ST (AV55/AV56) which
they say 'replaces' the Azaro-ST.  You can read the promo blurb here:

http://www.avon-tyres.co.uk/motorcycle/?page=tyres&method=showtyre&id=25

Not sure how much of the advances are unique to Avon (I recall having
'Inverted Front Groove' technology on a pair of Metzler's on my Z650
in the 1980s...) but the 'reactive footprint' stuff sounds pretty neat.

Then, because the tyre thread has kicked off, I go back to debating
whether I should try a pair of RoadPilots from Michelin - which
someone else has strongly recommended as better than the Azaro-ST...

So.  Any thoughts on any of this?  I have about a month or so to go
before I really need to change back tyre... (so plenty of time for a
tyre thread :) ).

Regards

Gavin Lawrie
ST'03