Re: [ST] Rear rack question

On Thu, 7 Sep 2006 Kevin.Dicks@xxxxxxx wrote:

> I have just purchased a Triumph rear rack for my '02 ST on eBay.  The rack
> didn't come with any bolts/instructions etc.  I took my grab rail off and
> fitted the rack and it seemed to fit fine with the existing bolts.  For
> those that bought the whole kit, does the kit come with longer/stronger
> bolts at all and is there any other pieces I may be missing that are
> really required (I seem to recall hearing about some sort of strengthening
> piece ?).

Seems to me there were some bolts, and two strengthening brackets - one
for in front of where the seat latch is, and one that goes in underneath
from the back.

While in there, thread a couple of replacement bolts in up from the bottom
for the rear holes, makes removing and reinstalling the rack tons easier
in the future.  See the Mods pages on TriumphNet.com for info on that.

--

                                ._O_.  '03 Sprint ST
            -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 Thunderbird Sport       /~\