Re: [ST] Builder's Toast

>From: "Masiak, Richard" <Richard_Masiak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: [ST] Builder's Toast
>Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 11:40:13 -0400
>
>To make matters worse, no charges have been filed as of yet.
>
>This country has gotten so screwed up.  If I were a sports star, celebrity,
>or politician, I'd get a slap on the wrist.  But being the average, college
>educated, middle working class shmuck, if I did something stupid they'd
>lock me up and throw away the key and my life would be totally ruined.  As
>far as I'm concerned, no one is above the law even if they make it.

Howdy Rich,

This is a tragic and sad situation for all involved.  Lane was completely
irresponsible.  You can count on one thing for sure.  His life as he knows
it is over.  Forever.  Even if he never spends one day in jail for this
travesty, he is done.  He will be miserable for the rest of his life whether
it is in jail or in his own home.  He will be financially ruined and his
career is over.  The pall of a fellow riders death will hang over him like a
dark cloud.  It's not like he is some politician or lawer that can go back
to his old circle of friends like nothing ever happened.  Riders are his
life.  He will have nowhere to turn.

I feel extreme sympathy for the rider he killed and the family.  And this
may sound crazy, but I feel sorry for Billy as well.  He fucked up, big
time, his life is ruined.  He is going to pay for it for the rest of his
life, one way or another.

A sad story all the way around.

Duncan
Donut