Re: [ST] Triumph Tuning

Rich,

If you look a various magazine articles dealing with exhausts they support what these people are telling you.  A good exhaust system, airbox mods and EFI reprogramming should be able to deliver 5-10 peak HP and increases across the rpm range.  Now the down side this may take considerable tuning to get everything exactly correct.  This equates to a lot of dyno time if they don't have experience with your bike.

The gains from the chain conversion are minimal as others have already stated.  Ask some one who does a lot of track days or races and they will most likely tell you to put your money in suspension and improving your riding skills.  I have always found 100-110 HP to be plenty for the street.  I ride my Sprint 2 up alot and rarely have trouble keeping up with people or more powerful and sportier bikes as they can't use thier considerable power to weight advantage on the street.

My $.02 worth,
Rick
Pfafftown, NC