From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Herb Hummer
Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2006 5:24 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] Rattling noise, 2000 ST

Paul, I also have a 2000 ST and have the same rattle but only when going
over bumps(which are everywhere here on Michigan roads). It is also
driving me nuts and haven't been able to find it either, Grrrr.

Paul English <tallpaul@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
There's a rattle, coming from the frontwards part (otherwise I probably
wouldn't hear it while in motion) of my ST. It's driving me nuts, not to

mention a teensy bit worried.

It sounds like metal on metal.

It's not my keychain - I can reproduce it when holding that down with
one
hand.

I don't think it is the brakes - it happens even while braking.. but
maybe
the floaters will still rattle except under hard braking?

I've checked various and sundry bodywork, and other than a missing
fairing
screw on the left mid-fairing, everything seems cool. I don't think the
missing screw is it either.. there just isn't much play there, plus it
doesn't sound like plastic rattling.

Not sure what else to check.. suggestions?