Re: [ST] 02 ST Underseat Exhaust ???

I too will add that they are LOUD. When I was in the market for an ST, I test rode an 03 with super low miles that had the PowerMax system on it. With ear plugs at 4500rpms, on the highway or the local roads, it was piercingly (is that a word?) loud. Without the plugs it was more tolerable but still painful at 500rpms. It definately turned heads, although in my opinion, with a negative response. I promptly returned that bike to the shop. Also, I found it too loud to talk over while at idle.

  However, it looked fantastic and the fit/finish was impecable. I loved how it cleaned up the rear and permitted you to see the SSSA.

Dan Wetherington <dnlwthrn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  AFAIK, there were only a couple options for underseat exhaust for the 99-04
bikes: Wolf, Powermax, Powerline (looked to be almost a carbon copy of the
Powermax), or custom...

Right now Powermax exists only in name, seemingly owned by the guys at Team
Triumph (Wisconsin, USA), and they aren't producing any kits at this point.
I'm not sure what Wolf's status is on underseats, they had a sale on them a
while back (last year?) and seemed like they were getting rid of all their
inventory, but you'd have to check with them. They're out of the UK.
Powerline seems to be MIA at this point too...

So your best be may be a one-off kit made by your local exhaust fab shop.

Oh, and all aftermarket underseats are LOUD.

Dan