Re: [ST] More Europe Questions

Hi,

On 18 Sep 2006, at 23:47, Todd J wrote:

> What we are running into is finding it difficult to find available
> hotels via Web based services like Expedia. What are the chances
> that we might take if we decided to try to "wing it" and find
> hotels while on route in places like: Lake Constance, Garmish, and
> Innsbruck? We will be travelling mostly during early Oct, so still
> considered high season, correct?

I've got into the habit of using Accor's web site to get last minute
rooms in Europe generally when I'm there.  They have a range of hotel
brands, and a web site that allows you simply to type in a location
and get info on their hotels nearby.  Just put Innsbruck in and
they've got two hotels there, and they are showing avail on Oct 3 / 4
(for want of a better day to choose) at €74 for a double room, and in
Garmisch for €75, and in Konstanz for €110.

If I recall rightly you need a credit card to guarantee the booking,
but they don't charge you till you are actually there.

Accor has three brands in Europe that vary in price and 'quality' -
but all are relatively modern clean and do the job OK.

Anyhow - http://www.accorhotels.com/

HTH

Gavin Lawrie
ST'03