Re: [ST] 58

Many happy returns Jack - here's wishing you many more years!

Jonathan

-----Original Message-----
From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jack Hays
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2006 4:54 PM
To: st-triumphnet.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
st-triumphnet.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] 58

Today is my 58th birthday and I will take off work as normal and ride my
triumph Sprint ST to celebrate.
      The dogs were a real treat today but around noon I aired the tires on
   Merlin and set off for my birthday ride.
      I stopped at 7-11 and filled the bike up and had the breakfast of
   champions of a hot dog and Dr. Pepper before heading out.
      I headed north on Highway 423, through Little Elm and up to Highway
   380.
      At 380 I went straight through the country until I got to almost to
   Pilot Point where I turned west across the dam of Lake Ray Roberts.
   Roberts was down about ten or twelve feet and it showed.
      I continued on through Sanger on Highway 455 to Forestburg. It felt
   really great to be on the bike again and it seemed to stick like glue
   today. The temperature was in the low eighties and perfect clear skies.
   the triple howl was just wonderful as the tach sat at 5k and I just
   backed off and bent the bike through the curves sweeping right to left
   and back again. nice elevation changes in this section lead to great
   excitement.
      I headed north from Forestburg and blasted up to St. Jo and then
   continued on and descended into a great valley just outside of town. I
   have ridden a lot of places but this is one of the top views anywhere
   around and I just thank God every time for creating this beauty.
      I headed back east toward Muenster and was really blasting along when
   I thought I had better slow down eighteen miles later as I neared town.
   Just then a truck topped the hill toward me and a Highway patrol was
   right behind. I glanced down and I was still ten over but this was my
   lucky day and he didn't turn around.
      Once in Muenster I continued on south until I hit Highway 922 and
   turned east toward Valley View.
      I rode through valley View and across the top of Lake Ray Roberts on
   nice sweeping curves with lush green grass and trees highlighted by seas
   of bright yellow wildflowers. If I hadn't known it was September 18th I
   would have sworn it was early spring. It was spectacular!
      I turned north on Highway 377 to Tioga and then east again on Highway
   121 to Gunter.
      At Gunter I headed north on Highway 289 to Celina and dropped in to
   see mom and dad for awhile. I surprised them and it was good to see them
   both. Plus, I got to get their bottled water bottle up and installed on
   the cooler for them that had been sitting there for several days.
      I left Celina and took the route west and north to turn left and
   sweep into thru cross roads where I turned south again past the Alamo
   house to Highway 380.
      At 380 I took the back road again into Little Elm, crossed the Lake
   Bridge, and then south on Highway 423 back home.
      The ride total was about 225 miles and a refreshing treat for me.
      I showered and we then went to Campasi's for my birthday dinner.
      A really nice day for me at 58!

Jack Hays
972-952-5065
"I'll see you on the dark side of the Moon"