From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Lisa White
Sent: Saturday, September 23, 2006 12:46 PM
To: st@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] I guess Rossie go away with one?

By your logic, since Rossi is the superior rider,
perhaps we don't need any more races or a rule book?
Racing, like it or not, is not just about who is the
superior rider.  It's also about the machine, the team
you have setting it up for you , AND THE FRAMEWORK IN
WHICH YOU RACE!  The rules are meant to make it so
that once everyone has done their best at "fielding" a
good rider and bike, the "field" is as level as
possible, and a yellow flag is out there for RIDER
SAFETY, as is the rule prohibiting passing under a
yellow flag, or perhaps you think rider safety is
something about which we should not care.  Plus, if
Rossi is clearly the superior rider, why did he have
to pass under a yellow flag?  Surely his "superior
skill" means he does not have to do that.  Also in
those races where he had mechanical difficulties,
there is NO GUARANTY, as this season has shown, that
he would have won. . . . .   BTW, while I would like
Nicky to win the championship at this point, my
favorite rider is Colin Edwards, I have nothing
against Rossi and generally admire his skill. However,
I want WHOEVER wins, to win it fair and square, WITHIN
THE RULES.

Lisa
'03 Tiger

Message: 12