Re: [ST] Tire repair on the go....

Brett,

I'm not Rick, but I will answer anyway. Plug kit
first. I bought a StopNGo earlier this year since
watching a friend of mine bail several of us out
( including me) with his. I have the compact one
rather than the gun, it is just so much smaller. Cant
say enough good things about this product. HOWEVER, it
is a good idea to also carry a few rope plugs and
their associated tools, for when you get a slice
rather than a puncture, like I did last weekend. Good
to have both.

As far as pumps go, I will share what I have been up
to and the reason for starting this thread: I have
been on the fence for quite some time regarding
whether to use CO2 or a pump. I have the threaded CO2
system, and in the 6 years I have owned it, only
needed to use them once, two cylinders, for a friend.
The thing that has always bothered me about this
system is the cost of the threaded cylinders, hence my
inquiry about the non threaded variety. But I have
since found that I can have a pump for about the same
amount of space needed to carry the non threaded
applicator and enough cartridges to fill one tire. I
had a cheapy $3-5 Harbor Freight  compressor lying
around that I have never used. I removed the plastic
case and the gauge, shortened the hose and wiring, and
fitted a battery tender style connector, since all my
bikes have one mounted. My end result is palm sized
compressor that will inflate a front tire from scratch
in about 5-7 minutes. For about 7 bucks, and a bit of
fiddling. End of story.

I'll try shoot a picture and post it tomorrow. My
guess is the Campbell Hausfield might be a better
pump. I make make one of those as well...

These little projects can be addicting...

John