From: rgalea@xxxxxxxxx
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 11:42 AM
Subject: Re: [ST] Norton for sale on ebay

Comments from someone on another list.
--------------------
Not that it's not a beautiful bike, or that anything on eBay would be
something other than advertised!, but I'm not convinced it's really a
pristine 79 mile bike and not an excellent restoration. The screws
holding the electric start look worn (shouldn't be in "brand new
bike"). The chain guard appears to be an aftermarket stainless steel
item - not the chrome original. The fuel line ferrules are crimped by
an aftermarket crimp tool - stock there were only two edges crimped,
aftermarket are four. (Also not very many stockers had the crimped
ferrules!) The spark plug looks like an NKG - stock had Champions.
The stock 75 bike had short fork gaiters - not the full cover items
from earlier models. The cables on the downtubes are held in place
with plastic zip ties - the original used rubber clamps. The
kickstart lever should be positioned more to the rear (as they were
from the factory) - it's too upright. I might be wrong on one or two
of these - the photos are hard to see, but there's enough there to
make me suspicious. I also have <100 miles Smith's clock which fits
my bike.....