Re: [ST] chain and sprocket time

On Apr 3, 2007, at 9:52 AM, Bil Swartz wrote:

> Also need to confirm the '03 gearing is 18/43.  And does anyone have a
> good source for sprockets, or have used the JT's or other
> aftermarket ok?
> I read the rubber damper is primarily for noise damping at testing
> time
> but that there can be other issues such as shimming needed if
> aftermarket
> isn't same spec in width?

When I replaced my chain/sprockets last year, Team Triumph had a very
good combo price, so it might be worth checking there.  After
checking chain/sprocket prices at a variety of places, none of which
I remember now, I ended up buying their combo and renting a chain
tool from my local motorcycle shop.

http://www.rideteamtriumph.com/intro.htm

No affiliation, just a satisfied customer.

Jim