Re: [ST] Exhaust and chain question?

Jody,  the grease you noted on the chain, a light tan or grey color?

In scraping the gunk from my cover I noticed the last, well guess it would
be the first, layer was a light greyish tan.  Then I took the new chain
out I'm about to install onto the viffer and guess what color the grease
coating on the chain as shipped is?!?  Yep, kinda tan.  It wasn't a very
thick layer, prolly half of a mm or so?  Sound familiar?

Guessing DID chains ship with this grease coating.  I plan to clean it off
and coat the chain with the Dupont Multi-Use Teflon lube from new to see
how it does this time.

You might as well ask the dealer if they put anything on there but sounds
like it might just be the original grease slinging off and you were
unlucky enough to pick up a large rock?

HIH,
-Bil-

--

                                ._O_.  '03 Sprint ST
            -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 Thunderbird Sport       /~\