Re: [ST] Dropped the '06

Mike,
   Thanks for posting this story. I'm glad you are OK and will live to
ride another day. I am just getting ready to go on a 4-5 day trip with a
buddy around Northern California in about 10 days and this is just the
reminder that I appreciate that tells me to be very careful out there.
There have been posts on this forum recently about people losing their
lives doing what we all do for fun. About 3 years ago I heard and then
came upon an accident where the rider was decapitated. I rode home from
that one and did not ride for about two weeks thinking about the dangers
we all face when we ride. I remember passing a truck on the right who I
thought had stopped for a red light. He had not signaled a right turn,
but he did so as I was about halfway past the length of his trailer.
Fortunately for me there was room for me to get away. Now I am very
aware of that situation and now anticipate that just because someone
does not signal a turn doesn't mean he is not going to turn.  But more
so for me it dives home the point to always use my turn signals my  on
the bike. And to remember to cancel my turn signals after a turn.
   Thanks again for the reminder to look out for others and try to
always leave "living room" between me and other vehicles.

Al Garvin
2000 Triumph Sprint ST