[ST] Alarming

Stevo Adams wrote; My ST is now playing up since after being serviced. It
cuts out at lower/near idle revs. Etc.
The led no longer works on the alarm, yet carl told me the led is ok its
something in the alarm unit. Maybe the veto alarm is ready for the bin? so
i should get it removed? your opnions and advice appreciated. Stevo

      Steve, my two cents as a alarm owner since I got my ST on January 19,
1999.

First, I doubt the alarm is the issue with the light. The wire to the led
is very small and delicate at the bulb. Take  a look at the rear of the
bulb. I'd almost bet they have moved the wire and have broken it.

Next, the alarm plugs in under the rear tail plastic right in front of the
connectors for the tail light. There was originally a plug there that was
nothing but a shunt and a in-line connector to be removed for the factory
alarm. It is unplugged and the alarm plugged into the harness. If the alarm
is unplugged you open the circuits and the bike will not run. The original
plug/shunt should have been given to you when the alarm was installed. I
keep mine in a sealed bag under the seat. To check the alarm just unplug
it, plug the original plug/shunt in, and ride the bike. If it still does
what you are saying then it is not the alarm. If you don't have the
original plug ask whoever installed the alarm it why not. Get one from
them, your dealer, or a friends bike and try the above.

PS, keeping that original plug was meant to be as an alarm safely over-ride
backup.

Jack "Rude Dog" Hays
972-952-5065
"I'll see you on the dark side of the Moon"