From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Dave Bardell
Sent: Mon 4/16/2007 5:40 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] [SPAM] Re:  gas gauge accuracy

I've been getting  48-55 mpg  ever since break-in (over 55,000 miles ago)
This is one reason I hesitate to jump on a new Tiger.  Damn, my VW
diesel gets better mileage than what I've been reading on the tests on
the 1050 engines.  But then most of the magazine testers ride em like
they stole em....

Waiting to hear back from a few folks that just bought a new Tiger to
see what us normal people get for fuel mileage.

Dave Bardell
01 ST in MillerSTown, PA

Bil Swartz wrote:

>On Mon, 16 Apr 2007, Gavin Lawrie wrote:
>

>>On 16 Apr 2007, at 16:16, Bil Swartz wrote:
>>

>>>I get 200-230 miles on a tank before the fuel light comes on
>>>

>>Blimey!  This because you drive conservatively or you've done
>>something magical to improve fuel consumption.  I've had two 03s now,
>>and apart from times where I never went faster than about 55mph, not
>>yet seen over 200 miles before light goes on...  Or perhaps it's my
>>riding that's to blame :)
>>

>Oh I wouldn't say I'm "conservative" but I am "reasonable".  But even on
>the last couple of West Virginia romps a little over a week ago while
>chasing a pretty fast bunch I still got about 48-50.  Unusual?

NOTICE:  This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.